<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://thecalmcorner.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://box2088.temp.domains/~thecalo7

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Calming Corner: I AM: Self-Esteem Activity

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I AM: Self-Esteem Activity

You guys, I just love this activity.  I saw something similar to it on Pinterest (of course!), and thought that it would be perfect for one of my students that is struggling with self esteem, and very artistic.

The thing with art therapy is that it calms you and relaxes you, right?  I mean everyone I know is buying adult coloring books now!

So, the way I used this activity was that I presented the idea of self-esteem, and talked with my student about what that meant, and how we were going to talk about positive traits she had, and things she was good at.  Upon an initial, cold question of this, she couldn't come up with anything.  So, we got started painting.  And the great thing about art therapy and crafts like this are that the words just start to flow.

As she started painting, we began talking more about positive things, and what it meant to have "talents".  The whole project took about 3 weeks, between letting the paint dry, brainstorming the traits, designing the words, and then in the end, Mode Podging the whole thing.

In the end, it got the conversation going about positive traits, and allowed my student to be creative, but also be able to share things that she does well!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home